Within this statement you will find information on the following:
Who this statement applies to
Within our Services, there may be links to third-party websites or applications. We are not responsible for the content or privacy compliance of third-party websites or applications. You should check those websites or applications for their privacy statements and terms that apply to them.
Children’s Privacy. FTJ provides services for adults. Our Services are generally not aimed at children and we do not intentionally collect minors’ personal data.
Sources of personal information and why we collect it
On this website we typically collect two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide which personally identifies you; and (b) information that does not personally identify you which we automatically collect when you visit this website or that you provide us.
The personal information we collect is for one of the following reasons:
- The personally identifiable information you submit to us is generally used to carry out administration of insurance coverage marketed and/or administered by FTJ and/or our affiliates. In the event you have become a registered user and Member of this website, the personally identifiable information you submit to us will be used to identify you as a Member of this website and to facilitate your access to Membership benefits and/or information.
- Where you apply for products on our site, additional information may be requested. When this applies, further details on how this information is used is included in application form.
- We may also use this information to later contact you for a variety of reasons, such as customer service, providing you promotional information about our products and services or those of our other affiliated companies ("affiliated companies"), or to communicate with you about the products or services we have provided.
- When you request information from us, such as a whitepaper, survey, or other resource, with your consent we may also capture your personal information for later use in sharing information about our products or services.
- IP Addresses: An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Internet. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When visitors request pages from this website, our servers typically log their IP addresses. We collect IP addresses for purposes of system administration, to report non-personal aggregate information to others, and to track the use of this website. We reserve the right to use IP addresses and any personally identifiable information to identify a visitor when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with this website’s rules or to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, this website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of this website's users or the general public.
The personal information we collect consists of the following:
- Name and contact data, such as first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact information
- Account credentials, such as passwords and other security information for authentication and access
- Device information, such as information about your device (such as IP address, location or provider)
- Usage information and browsing history, such as information about how you navigate within our Services, your browsing history, and which elements of our Services you use the most
- Where you opt to apply for products on our site, additional information may be requested, including but not limited to age, smoker/non, weight, social security number, and beneficiary information.
Our definition of non-personal information is any information that does not personally identify you. Non-personal information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-personal information about you from information that you provide us, either separately or together with your personally identifiable information. We may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others.
We also automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you access this website. This information can include, among other things: the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.), the third-party website from which your visit originated, the operating system you are using (e.g., Windows XP, Windows 7, Macintosh OS, etc.), the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., America Online, NetZero, AT&T, etc.), the specific areas of this website that you visit, and the duration of your visit.
Our servers, logs and other technologies automatically collect system/device and usage information to help us administer, protect and improve our Services, analyze usage and improve users’ experience. When visiting our websites or using our Services we may provide you with personalized information. See more information regarding cookies and similar technologies below.
How we use personal information
Some laws require us to explain our lawful reason for processing your personal information. We process personal information about you on the basis that it is:
- where you give us your consent: we only ask for your consent in relation to specific uses of personal information where we need to, and, if we need it, we will collect it separately and make it clear that we are asking for consent
- for legitimate interests: in specific situations, and where we have assessed the appropriateness of this lawful basis, we may process data based on legitimate business interests. Details of those legitimate interests are set out in more detail below.
- necessary for the performance of a contract: where we have a contract with you, we will process personal information in order to fulfill that contract
- for compliance with a legal obligation (e.g., to respond to a court order or a regulator)
You can choose to receive information about our products and services or signup for subscriptions. In these instances, we request your consent for processing.
Where we reference that we use your personal information in connection with a request, survey, or to provide you with Services that you requested (such as an online application), we do this based on your consent or because it is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you.
Where we reference that we use your personal information in relation to marketing, improvement or development of our website or services, for reasons of safety and security, or regulatory requirements other than in connection with your agreement or request, we do this on the basis of legitimate interests. We may assess the personal information we collect to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence for conducting our business and for marketing purposes.
You are welcome to contact us for further information on the legal grounds that we rely on in relation to any specific processing of your personal information. Under certain laws you also have the right to object to or modify the way in which your personal data is processed. Details on these rights and how to contact us is included below under “How to Contact Us”.
How and with whom we share your data
We may share your information as required by law, to comply with legal process, to protect our legal rights, to protect the safety or security of a person, or to protect against fraud, criminal acts, or misconduct. We reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable information or non-personal information about you if we are required to do so by law, with respect to copyright or other intellectual property infringement claims, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, this website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of this website's users or the general public.
In certain instances, we may also share your personally identifiable information with our third-party vendors performing functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our affiliated companies), e.g., vendors that process credit card payments, and other companies that provide marketing or promotional assistance, analyze our data, assist us with customer service, etc. Our vendors agree to use this information, and we share information with them, only to carry out our requests. Regardless of how you interact with FTJ we do not sell or rent ANY information collected to any third parties.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to maintain appropriate protections and not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
How we safeguard personal information
How we store and delete personal information
We will not retain personal information longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is processed, including the security of our processing, complying with legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. audit, accounting and statutory retention terms), handling disputes, and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Our cookies types and why we use them:
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our websites. Information collected includes, for example, the Internet browsers and operating systems used, the domain name of the website previously visited, the number of visits, average duration of visit, and pages viewed. These cookies only collect information in an aggregated format. Performance cookies are used to improve the user-friendliness of a website and enhance your experience.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your username or ID, language preference, or the area or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts, and other customizable parts of web pages. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
How do I change my cookie settings?
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. You can manage website cookies in your browser settings, and you always have the choice to change these settings by accepting, rejecting, or deleting cookies. If you choose to change your settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended on the Services. All browser settings are slightly different, so to manage cookies, you should refer to the relevant settings within your browser.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer's website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Under data protection law, you have rights that we want to make you aware of. We will honor your rights under applicable data protection and privacy laws.
- Right of subject access: The right to make a written request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information
- Right to rectification: The right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed
- Right to restriction of processing: The right to request that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes
- Right to object: The right to object to processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or we have let you know the processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interest
- Right to withdraw consent: The right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent
These rights are not absolute, and they do not always apply in all cases. In response to a request, we will ask you to verify your identity if we need to, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better.
To object to or modify the way in which your personal data is processed, or to opt out, please contact us using the information below.
Please provide us with your exact name, email address and physical address and indicate the update you wish us to make.
How to contact us
Forrest T. Jones & Company, Inc.
Kansas City, MO 64111
We will respond to your request and, if applicable and appropriate, make the requested change in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may not be able to fulfill certain requests while allowing you access to certain benefits, features and services offered on or through this website.
Changes to this privacy notice