Features and benefits common in ProDefender plans include:
- Premium discounts for policyholder longevity and 50% reduction of deductible for use of engagement letters
- Prior acts coverage for qualified applicants
- Unlimited extended reporting period endorsements for solo practitioners
- Innocent insured protection
- Coverage for advertising injury and personal injury (includes emotional distress and mental anguish)
- Defense of third-party discrimination complaints
- Subpoena assistance for legal advice and testimony preparation
- Regulatory proceedings expense
- Loss of earnings coverage for attendance at trial
This content is provided for informational purposes and is not a legally binding description of coverage that may exist in any policy issued through ProDefender, its affiliates, or the insurance companies ProDefender represents. All conditions of coverage, terms, and limitations are defined in the policy issued to you. Programs and products may not be available in all states.
We believe many of the most serious claim scenarios can be avoided through a proactive approach to risk management.
Most of our accountant’s professional liability plans include free risk-management services provided by partner firms to our insured accountants and accounting firms.
Services include guidance to ProDefender clients regarding claims and situations that could possibly lead to a claim. Experts can also address questions concerning best practices, claim avoidance, engagement and disengagement of services, and general practice questions.
Risk-management advice is provided by experienced attorneys from law firms specializing in accountant’s professional liability. These attorneys are well-versed in all aspects of the accounting business, from audits, compilations and reviews of financials to tax matters and other business issues.
Our risk-management partners help accountants minimize, if not eliminate, potential claims by clients and non-clients, disciplinary proceedings, and even criminal prosecution.
Insureds who make a written request will receive an engagement letter that spells out the terms of their attorney-client relationship with our partner firm assuring confidentiality.